Finally our bathroom is finished, our stuff moved back in place and the washing machine moved to it's final location on the back stairs where the toilet used to be. Everything is in place, and yesterday we had homemade real dinner for the first time in a month. What a treat.
I've finally gotten around to set up the wireless
Access Point. Apparently the radiowaves from the AP made my server crash, and it took most of
Sunday before I got the idea to move the AP from it's position on top of the case to one meter
away from it. Since then the server has been stable as usual, but I hate to
think of what the many hard resets and following
might have done to the file system, but with the harddisk write cache
disabled and softupdates BSD filesystems are extremely resilient in my
experience. I haven't discovered any problems yet, so I'm probably in the
Finally, Thor Larholm of PivX Solutions has made a quite interesting post to BugTraq titled “Comments on 5 IE vulnerabilities”. Of course PivX has a free fix (the first one is always free), aptly named Qwik-Fix. It looks pretty good, and the above email explains how it works.