I've spent a wonderful evening hacking together a full Atom feed for this weblog, including the content. The RSS feed was really getting old, and only contained links to the content. I have an aversion to that kind of feeds, and I didn't like serving such a feed from here.
Requests for the old
gets a 301 redirect to the new
/weblog/feed URL, which is also a much better
name for a feed. I don't really know how feed readers handle redirections
in general, but I'm pretty sure they should work like browsers, and if they
don't it's a bug.
I've also implemented the suggestion in Content-Negotiation
Techniques to serve XHTML by hardlinking all
.xhtml pages, and let content
negotiation take care of serving it correctly with the
application/xhtml+xml MIME-type that XHTML 1.1
must be served with to be valid. For user-agents that doesn't
claim to understand
application/xhtml+xml it will fall back to
text/html MIME-type deranged
browsers like Microsoft Internet Explorer can, sort of, understand.
It is a bug in the W3C Validator that it doesn't validate the MIME-type by the way.
Author M. G. Liebach
LastMod 2016-05-01 (9fc4632)