I run Liebach Consulting, doing mostly DevOps consulting.
So, check the CV below, perhaps connect with me on LinkedIn, and lets see if I could fit into your business plans. I have experience working remote, and would love to do that again. Currently I work a fulltime onsite gig.
I’d be happy to accept small’ish remote jobs that can be done outside normal work hours.
I live with my wife out in the east Jutland boondocks, about 10 km south-west of Randers, Denmark, and I have two kids aged 9 & 11 that stay with us every second weekend. Personality wise I am an Enneagram Type 5 with a 6 Wing, “The Investigator” & “The Loyalist”, respectively, a Myers-Briggs INTJ. I feel both descriptions fit me quite well.
Operating Systems: FreeBSD, OpenBSD, Linux (Ubuntu, Debian, CentOS, RedHat and others), macOS
Networking Equipment: HP ProCurve switches, Vyatta Network OS firewall, Cisco ASA 5500 series, Linux-HA/heartbeat and ldirectord.
Webservers: Apache httpd, OpenBSD httpd, thttpd, Tomcat
Mailservers: Postfix, OpenBSD smtpd, Courier IMAPd & POP3d, Sendmail.
Databases: MySQL (and friends: MariaDB, Percona), PostgreSQL, MS-SQL.
Protocols: HTTP, TCP/IP, SMTP, DNS, TLS, SSL etc. I know what I need, and if I don’t, I learn, it really isn’t that hard in my experience.
I have basically worked with the full stack involved in running internet services, including backup, firewalls, managing server rooms, upstream internet providers etc.
2017-now Consultant, Liebach Consulting, Jebjerg
Independent consultant doing Linux, BSD & full stack DevOps consulting. Go to liebach.consulting to see what I can do for you and contact information.
2015-2017 Systems Engineer Specialist, Grundfos, Bjerringbro
Running mostly Java apps on Linux.
- CentOS Linux and a few Windows servers
- Ansible configuration management
- Java apps: Adobe AEM, JBoss, WebSphere
2014-2015 Teacher Assistant, Bjerregrav Skole, Randers
Helped with all physical education from 1st to 9th grade, and also some math, biology and geography classes. Found out that being a teacher is not a career for me.
2012-2013 System Administrator, PIL.dk, Aarhus
Working on both the QuickPay payment gateway and the hosting business.
- FreeBSD and Ubuntu servers, managed by the in-house developed PEPSI tool
- Mercurial and git/GitHub for source code management
- Development of an MPI implementation in the Padrino ruby framework
2010-2012 System Administrator, DanDomain, Randers
DanDomain was my first job in the hosting business.
- Responsible for Ubuntu Linux servers
- LVS loadbalancing
- Switch updates and configuration
- Backup, especially scripting database backups
- Data Custodian on PAY.DanDomain.dk Windows maintenance and configuration 2nd level support
2010 System Administrator, 24-7 Entertainment, Copenhagen
24-7 Entertainment provides music shops and streaming services for customers.
- Primary responsible sysadmin for the Linux servers (CentOS and RedHat)
- Applications run on Tomcat with Oracle backends
- 10 Gbit connections, VLANs and trunked/bonded interfaces
- Juniper firewalls & loadbalancer with SSL offloading, HP switches
- Windows servers running proprietary application
- Integrating Linux servers into the Windows Active Directory
2009 System Manager, Preview Networks, Copenhagen
Preview Networks helps film distributors with promotion, and makes it easy for website owners to feature trailers.
- The only system administrator, and as such I did a little of everything regarding IT
- Building and maintaining the infrastructure for Filmtrailer.com
- Maintained a FreeBSD and Apache/PHP/PostgreSQL based setup
- Restructuring the network
- End user support and administration
2004-2009 System Administrator, TELMORE A/S, Taastrup
TELMORE is a virtual mobile network operator.
- Maintained and built infrastructure based on FreeBSD, Solaris 10, J2EE and Jboss with an Oracle backend running on HP-UX 11i
- Designed and built the Linux-HA and ldirectord based HA/loadbalancing setup for www.telmore.dk
- Primary maintainer of the HP ProCurve switch configurations, IPFW and pf firewall configurations
- VPN on Cisco ASA 5500 appliances
- NetBackup on HP-UX and FreeBSD
- HP EVA-5000 SAN
- Fiber storage network, HP PA-RISC servere and Qlogic HBA’s
- Renewal and installation of SSL certificates
- Administrator for the company Digital Signatur LRA-certificates
2003-2005 Coord Team Member, Linuxforum, Copenhagen
Was one of the members of the coord team organising the old Linuxforum conference, now renamed Open Source Days.
2014 NLP Business Practitioner, RM Academy (Kristjan Lange), Aarhus
A business focused NLP Practitioner course with certification, focused on coaching and management.
- Working with relations
- How to work with thoughts and emotions
- Motivate self and others
2004 Java XML Developer course, ITA (now 4Mat), Copenhagen
Stopped the course when I was hired by TELMORE.
- Business understanding and project management
- Architecture and design
- Professional Java
- XML with Java
- Data security and encryption
2003-2004 Microsoft .NET developer course, SoftAdvice, Copenhagen
- Project Management and control
- Using UML, Unified Process and Design Patterns
- The latest ideas, concepts and products from Microsoft; Visual Studio .NET, C# and others
- Use of MS-SQL (MSDE) and MySQL backends
2002-2003 First Semester as “_Datamatiker_” courses, Niels Brock, Copenhagen
“Basic Programming in C++” and the first part of “System Development”.
1998-2001 Lab Technician, Laborantskolen Århus, Aarhus
Trainee at Fødevareregion Århus.
- Intensive project based teamwork and exams
- Datacollection, analysis and report writing in Microsoft Office
- Quality Control and statistical control of results
- Documentation of procedures and methods
Quite applicable to good IT work, really.
1994-1998 Math/Phys at Aarhus University No exam, had various jobs and HF exam upgrade in between.
1992-1994 HF Exam At Thisted Gymnasium.
1991-1992 Firefighter Trained while in the service at Nordjyske CF Kolonne (Danish Civil Defence).
1988-1991 Trained Forest Worker EFG Jordbrug, Aalborg/Skovskolen/Dronninglund Storskov.
English Fluent – I have worked in English in several jobs.
2017-2017 Coach and Founder, tri+
A hobby business providing triathlon coaching and related activities.
2017 IRONMAN Certified Coach, IRONMAN University
Triathlon sports coaching program.
The program offers a unique learning system where you are educated through a wide array of interactive exercises designed to reinforce, retain and apply coaching skills and techniques.
- Principles of exercise
- The science of swimming, cycling and running
- Sports nutrition
- Strength and conditioning
- Developing training plans
- The art of coaching
- Event preparation and execution
- Coaching business
2012- Triathlon Coach, Randers Freja Triathlon
- Swim coaching on deck
- Talks once or twice a year
- General triathlon instruction, and individual help to club members
2012– Triathlon Coach Education, DIF & The Danish Triathlon Federation
Have done Coach level 1 and level 2. Both consist of a general DIF part, and then a triathlon specific part.
1992–2018 Triathlon, Trail and Ultra Running
Got the triathlon bug as a 21 year old, and have been a triathlete ever since. I did forget to train for 8 years (1997–2005) but otherwise I’ve kept myself reasonably fit, doing 6 Ironman distance races in the process, plus a lot of shorter races.
In april 2018 I realized that trail and ultra running was what I wanted to do, so I did.
Can’t imagine not training at least half-seriously, it’s my relaxation, and an important part of my social life too.